Saturday, October 9, 2010

Awesome potatoes!





Love love love this recipe!! These are SO crispy that you'll be heard across the room munchin on these delicious potatoes with their yummy crispy skins.

Here's how it goes:

Boil your baby new potatoes in a nice big pot of salted water, once fork tender, strain and let cool, place in the fridge overnight.

The following day, chop then up in wedges or rings keep the skin on or remove it but it's crispy goodness. Toss with oil, salt/pepper or any seasonings you love and bake at 425 flipping them throughout so all sides are golden. I use convection which just cooks all sides in one shot.

Enjoy with your favorite dip, ketchup or a little vinegar and salt, a fresh herb dressing, cheese sauce or gravy!

For the dip I mixed together extra rich sour cream, a squeeze of lemon juice, some prepared horseradish paste, salt, chopped chives and let that sit in the fridge overnight as well for the flavours to blend.


10 comments:

Ninette said...

These look amazing!

Lisa said...

Those do look like the crispiest potatoes I've ever seen.

Ashley said...

I made these last night and OMG WOW... I seriously Love you for posting this.. no more mushy potatoes for me.

tigerfish said...

So the trick is to keep them overnight in the fridge! Hmmm...I need to plan this crispy goodness soon.

Cherine said...

They look wonderfully crispy!!

Anonymous said...

How long do you bake them?

Anonymous said...

they DO look amazing!

Amatullah said...

I'd say mine bake for 20 mins, flipping half way through, Annonymous, my oven is very hot. Don't fuss with them much, let them go as you need each side to really develop a nice crust. You can also bake them and then in an hour or two later rebake them, I've done this and they taste fine!!

Pretty. Good. Food. said...

Mmm, so super crispy and yummy looking! :)

ATasteOfMadness said...

There is nothing that I like better than potatoes. If I had to eat one food for the rest of my life, it would be potatoes. And this would be my go-to dish. It looks heavenly.